Saturday, May 26, 2012

American Kestrel


I was walking Harvey in the back field today when I spotted this bird sitting waaaaay across the field on a fence post. My telephoto lens didn't capture it too well, as it was a long ways away, my hands shook too much, and it was a really humid, hazy day. However, I had a hunch that what I was seeing was an American Kestrel... You can kind of gather that from the profile and general coloring...


Fortunately, it flew closer to me, and I was able to snatch a few shots from below.... Here you can definitely make out the American Kestrel markings... Such a cute little falcon...




Spotted 5/26/12 in the back field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love hearing from you. If you can help me out with identifying any of these mystery birds or correct any mistakes I've made in identifying the others, I would so appreciate it! Happy Birding!