Saturday, May 26, 2012

Brown-Headed Cowbird

Well today my mystery bird (Unknown #2) from the other day was back, and I was able to get slightly clearer photos....


After much internal debate and cross-referencing of my Peterson Field Guide to Eastern Birds, iBird Plus, and Google Images, I'm tenatively labeling this bird as a female Brown-Headed Cowbird. I'd love to catch the male with her one day just to be sure. If I'm wrong on this, please let me know.






Spotted 5/26/12 on the feeder in the side yard. (Forgive the blurry photos - this bird only comes around at dusk!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love hearing from you. If you can help me out with identifying any of these mystery birds or correct any mistakes I've made in identifying the others, I would so appreciate it! Happy Birding!