Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cliff Swallow

On Saturday, Josh and I headed up to Winged Deer Park in Johnson City to see what we could see. This colony of cliff swallows had taken up residence under the bridge that crosses over Boone Lake.

Their jug-like nests were lined up all along the undersides of the bridge. You can see a little head peeking out of the nest on the left below...


And below you can see a Mama bird clinging onto the outside of the nest, feeding the hungry little face poking out of the opening...


And below, a flurry of activity...


And the clearest photo I was able to get of a cliff swallow in flight - they're super fast!


Spotted 6/2/12 at Winged Deer Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love hearing from you. If you can help me out with identifying any of these mystery birds or correct any mistakes I've made in identifying the others, I would so appreciate it! Happy Birding!