Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Great Blue Heron

This is George, the resident Great Blue Heron that shows up every time we go to visit Josh's family in Hilton Head. He ain't no dummy - George knows that whenever Josh shows up down there, there will be fishing....


However, this time, George had a little competition, whom we promptly dubbed "Other George." Here they are establishing the pecking order....



No, I'M BIGGER!



But don't worry, they both got plenty of fish.... and they waited patiently nearby until they got it.


 Mmmm... down the hatch!


Then off again, until next time! Bye, George!


I tell you what, it's a majestic thing to see these birds fly...


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! we have Great Blue Herons here in Montreal, but they arent as large. Yes watching them fly is proof of His handiwork. I would love to find their nest and see their little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's always amazing to see the Great Blue Herons when we visit South Carolina. Truly amazing... I'd love to find a nest too! Thanks for taking the time to comment! :o)

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love hearing from you. If you can help me out with identifying any of these mystery birds or correct any mistakes I've made in identifying the others, I would so appreciate it! Happy Birding!