Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rock Dove or Rock Pigeon


It seems that wherever you'll find the huddled masses yearning to breathe free aimlessly milling around, you will also find huddled masses of Rock Doves or Pigeons milling around as well, gathering the crumbs of the wretched refuse of humanity... (No, I don't really know what Pigeons have to do with the Statue of Liberty, except that I'm sure they're there and pooping on it.)

The two Rock Doves below were happy to help me dispose of a cinnamon donut yesterday...


These pigeons know where to hang out and are, thus, probably not the healthiest pigeons in the world....

but I bet they're happy.

Spotted 6/4/12 in Gatlinburg, TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love hearing from you. If you can help me out with identifying any of these mystery birds or correct any mistakes I've made in identifying the others, I would so appreciate it! Happy Birding!